Thursday, November 12, 2009

A football TEAM!

The weekend before Halloween, Dad and I decided that it was time to rebuild the fence! Ryan was once again LUCKY enough to join in on the fun! Hanaba was also in town to help!

Cutter and Hanaba digging out the old base boards.

I know these pictures are small, but that's all I have. Hanaba took them with her phone, and emailed them to me. Thanks!

My little helper! Such a BIG boy!

Rylee had no interest in helping. She played in the back yard, and was a trooper!


Now for the Football Team analogy...Ryan was retelling our weekend, and used some familiar terminology.

Coach = Dad...He comes up with the plan and makes sure we do it!

Line Backer = Ryan...Gives the initial push to get things started

Wide Receiver = ME...the one who finishes everything!


At first I had to ask Ryan what was meant by me being the receiver. In my opinion the receivers get all the credit for catching the ball, when in all honesty, it took the whole team! Once he reassured me that wasn't what was intended, I agreed with his analogy. As I look back at this, it is SO true! We had a garage door mishap the weekend we worked on the fence, and guess who coached us along the way, gave the initial push with a quick trip or two to Lowe's, and then ultimately finished the project with a coat of paint!

To Dad and Ryan, I really enjoy our time together! Working on the house brings back so many fond memories that I cherish from our childhood. I could not ask for a better daddy or brother! I love you both all the way around the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment