Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Cooking is NOT my Forte

I love the Thanksgiving holidays, but I can do without the cooking! It's just not my cup of tea. I've come to the conclusion that I'd rather be using any power tool than be stuck in a kitchen for six hours! My kitchen was a disaster, and since I wasn't giving my kids all the attention, my house was too!





I've been trying to duplicate my Uncle Blackies turkey for the last few years. His recipe says to make 'holes' in the turkey. I got so much crap for using a drill last year that I bought several kitchen items to try and replace the drill this year. However, the injector was too small, the big eye dropper thing didn't work, so I resorted to what I KNEW would work...a 1/2 drill bit! Besides, the 'holes' had to be big enough to stuff a half a piece of raw bacon and a bunch of other stuff that I blended together!

Roo finally decided to help, and shook up the cranberry salad!

No comments:

Post a Comment