Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Rylee and The Mighty Pistons!

Rylee decided last minute that she wanted to give basketball a try! So, I registered her, take her to practice from 7:30-8:30pm on Thursday nights at the North Side YMCA. Now that's a lot to ask for on a school night, but we've managed to do it without any major falling outs, so far!

The first game was very upsetting for Rylee. My assumption is that she had no idea what to expect. I don't watch any basketball on ESPN (especially during football season), I've shot the ball with her before, but never in a game setting. So, I dusted her off, and encouraged her all week not to give up. Surprisingly, she was so excited and eager to practice the next week. Saturday came, and she was even more pumped to play! She did an awesome job in the game. She was upset she didn't make a basket, but was very aggressive, and knew exactly where she was supposed to be. I was a gleaming mommy after the game. She conquered her fears, and gave it her all!





This was only week two, so I'm very excited to see how she progresses throughout the season!

Go Pistons!

No comments:

Post a Comment