Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day Weekend Get Away

For Mother's Day weekend the kids and I packed the car and headed for New Braunfels! My aunt and uncle live on the river, and needed a little help around the house. I couldn't wait to get there and see Deborah. She and James have worked in the refinery business for years, and really help me when I get frustrated with Justin's work schedule. I did my usual office cleaning while I was there. I am proud to say that the mission was accomplished, and two beds are now set up in the room!
Ryan and Beau were on fire duty. The river has STRICT rules about burning brush.

Rylee even helped pick up the sticks in the front yard
(with a little bribery from Beau)!

Imagine that...Cutter found the lawn mower!

Damian brought the kids to town, and boy were my kids happy.
Georiga, Rylee and Bella

Here are the twins and Cutter. They were having a hay day on the two queen beds that were pushed together.
Ryder, Colton and Cutter

The girls were playing teacher while the boys were the students. I wonder what grade the girls gave them.

Can you count the number of heads in the hot tub? There's SIX! They all took turns jumping, playing in the waterfall, changing the light colors and sitting on the volcano! It was a circus in there, but they had a blast. I know my two kids slept likes babies Saturday night.


Mother's Day is always a bitter sweet day. I miss my mom like crazy, but am so thankful that I have been blessed with two wonderful children! I didn't get in a hurry to drive home because I didn't want to have sit at home and think about mom all day. So, we got home Sunday night and Dad and Hanaba came by and brought food to cook for dinner. I told Hanaba, I couldn't remember the last time someone cooked for me at my house, and I didn't have to do anything.
I opened the kids presents for me. Rylee made me a beautiful card with lots of things inside. There is a bookmark with her picture and fingerprints on it, so that I will never forget how little she is. There was a "Top 10 Reason's I Love Mom," a letter to me that she wrote all by herself, and all her daily journals from the week that had a finish the sentence about mom. My favorite page was:

My Mom can do many things. I think she's best at...

My Mom is best at working. She dose a lot to help us. She works in the back yard. She also dose bils. But I'd Love her even if she didn't do all that stuff.
Love, Rylee

My Mom is smart. She even knows...

How to make good choses (choices). She also makes time out of her day to play whith us. I love my mom. I am so happy.
Love, Rylee

Rylee, I love you all the way around the world, plus one, infinity! You make me so proud to be your mommy!
Cutter also made me a card at school. His had a hand print flower on the front, and a beautiful butterfly on the inside. He did such an awesome job with the card. Also, one of his teachers (NaNa) took a pictures of each kid and had them framed for each mom! They were so precious. She dressed them in overalls, a hat and a stick fishing pole, and took them to the pond behind the church. I love it!
Cutter, I love you lots baby! I'm so lucky to have such a sweet boy!

2 comments:

  1. Rachel, you are one amazing mom! Your kids are so lucky to have someone who devotes so much time and energy, and has SOOOO much patience!!! Love you lots! That picture of Cutter is PRECIOUS, and so is Rylee's sweet note!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brit! Sometimes I wonder, and my patients run low, but I assume that's just part of the job. You have to take the good and the bad!

    ReplyDelete