Friday, May 29, 2009

Last Day of School!

Today was Roo's last day of 1st Grade! She was so excited because it was an early release day, and game day! She brought Charades yesterday and Twister today. It was bittersweet for me. My little girl is getting SO big and smart, but at the same time, she's still my little baby!

Here she is before she got out of the car!

Today was payroll day at the shop, so after we dropped Roo off, Cutter and I headed to work. Tyler actually turned the sand blaster on for Cutter, which is something I always say no to. He was in Heaven! He loves going to the shop so he can do what Walker taught him, fix pumps!

We picked Rylee up, and here's what she proudly pulled out of her backpack! It's one thing to look at it, but I now know what kind of work goes on behind the scenes. I feel like I owe both my mom and dad a huge thank you for all the help and sternness with our homework. That was something we used to have to sit down and do right as we got home from school. This year, Rylee and I have really butted heads on some of the homework assignments. Not all of them, but enough to remember! When I look at her report card, I remember all of the hard work, sweat, tears and laughter that went along side it. She did an awesome job this year! I'm proud of you Rylee Roo!

Aunt Brittney took Rylee to eat ice cream on the first day of school, and today was no exception! All year, Roo has looked forward to this day, and enjoyed every minute of it. Thanks Brit!


Cutter couldn't be left out. He got some ice cream and sprinkles too!




2 comments:

  1. What a fun day!!!! I can't believe she's ready for 2nd grade!!! The ice cream tradition is a fun one! We definately need to keep that one going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant believe how fast it has gone!!

    It is also very wierd seeing Cutter sit in the same chair with his hands in the sand blaster that I sat at so many times

    ReplyDelete