Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I Did It!

I DID IT!!! I actually did two things. One, I am posting something on the actual day it occurred, and two I cement boarded and sheet rocked the bathroom today! I'm so excited!

I started around 10:30 this morning and finished about 6:30. So yes, it was an all day project for such a tiny room, but I had Cutter all day, and picked Rylee up at 3. It's tough getting quality work time while watching the kids, especially Cutter.

As I was cleaning up the house after my kids destroyed it, I found one of the straws that was silicone wrapped to the foam can. I couldn't find the can anywhere. I asked Cutter where it was, and he took me right to it...behind the guitar. I think Mom must have been watching after him because Lord only knows what kind of damage that could have done to a guitar. I guess I need to buy a lock to put on the music room from now on!

Here's the pictures from my camera phone. Just remember it's only a 5' x 8' bathroom.

The bathtub and cement board.

Where the new pedestal sink will go.

Behind the door. Ryan, this is the only trouble I had. I cut the last piece of sheet rock perfect so that I replace it behind the cabinet. I got it in there, and had completely forgotten I was going to have to slide it in there. I tried every way possible and finally gave up. I ended up cutting the top left corner section off so that I could slide it separately. After that, it all fell in place!

Turn your head a little to the left, and you can see this picture correctly. It's the only way I could get a picture of all the bathtub fixtures. I had no problems cutting any of the holes out! Now I just jinxed myself, oh well!

Next step, TILE!



1 comment:

  1. THIS IS AWESOME!!!! You are doing a fantastic job!!! Call me and I would love to help woth tileing!!!!

    ReplyDelete