Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Miss May's Farm

Today I went with Rylee's 1st grade class to Miss May's Farm. It is a great field trip for the kids. They are able to feed and pet the animals (llama's, sheep, goats, pigs, cows, horses), hold the rabbits or hedgehogs, ride a horse, and go on a fun trailer ride. I as able to go with her class last year at Austin as well.

Here are the girls on the trailer ride. At the very end, Miss May gives everyone a roller coaster ride!

Rylee's feeding Nemo and Dori, the goats


Rylee chose to hold the bunny (rather than the hedgehog)

Laura and Rylee

Amalia and Rylee on the horse
Today, I realized today just how much Rylee has grown up in the last year. I can remember Rylee getting really upset last year that I couldn't ride on the bus with her. This year, she didn't even ask! Last year, she sat in my lap as we ate lunch. This year, she didn't even sit beside me. Yes, I know, as your kids grow up, your kids want less and less to do with you. I remember this phase in my life, and regret every bit of it now. It just breaks my heart, but then at the same time I am excited that we have raised her to be such an independent and smart girl. She makes good decisions and usually knows right from wrong. I'm just saddened by the fact that she has reached the age where she is no longer so dependant on me!

2 comments:

  1. Rach, Roo is still very much dependent on you, she's just at the age where she's starting to get too old to show it in front of her friends! Looks like it was a fun day! Her arms look so long and skinny in that top picture! She's getting so big!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Roo it looks like the field trip was fun. Hope to see you soon love you baby you are growing up to fast see you soon.

    ReplyDelete