Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Dreaded Bulkhead

May 21st-23rd, the kids and I drove down to New Braunfels to help my aunt and uncle, Deborah and James, with their bulk head problem. The continual waves from the river, over time, erode the ground causing holes in the yard. My aunt always says, "It's feast or famine over here, either they all come, or no one does." We had a full house that weekend! Originally we were the only ones coming. Then my dad planned the trip into his schedule. Ryan and his girl friend Kristen came down. Damian and Laura thankfully brought the kids over from Cedar Park. We all worked our little tails off, and in the end, accomplished our goal!

Cutter and PaPaw

Cutter, Nonnie and Rosie

I forgot to pack my tennis shoes and these are the sexy shoes I borrowed!



Our make shift ladder since we had to detach the original one in order to fix the bulkhead.

Kristen, a woman from my own heart...she knows how to use a SAW!!!

I had met Kristen a few times before in Abilene, but never really had to opportunity to hang out and visit. Of all places to finally get the chance, she comes down with Ryan to help work! She jumped right in without skipping a beat! We could not have done what we did without her help! Thank you so much Kristen! I really appreciate all the help, and more importantly the time we got to spend together, family fun!

Rylee jumping in the river!

Rylee and Bella


Cutter, Colton and Ryder

Kristen, James, Ryan and I

The finished product!
Between the six of us, we hammered each of these 2x4s into the lake about 2 feet! Talk about a workout!

All the kids in the hot tub...that includes Ryan!

Cousins
?, Georgia, Rylee, Bella
Cutter, Ryder and Colton

PaPaw, Dad
Roo and Cut

James and Dad (brothers)

Here's the kids on home...the way conked out!

No comments:

Post a Comment