Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Happy 56 Years to My Mommy

June 4th, 2010 marked the seventh year my mom has been my angel! Seven years seems like an eternity, but then I can vividly recall moments like it was yesterday! To this moment, not a day goes by that I don't think about her. Oh how I wish she were here on earth with me. I know that is very selfish of me to say, but it's so hard raising kids without your mother's guidance.

This year like every other, the kids and I went out to visit Oma and bring her new flowers. The kids are not scared to go visit her. They sing and dance for her. They sit on her lap and show them all their new tricks. I love that enjoy sharing those things with her. She probably doesn't like me bringing them to her tombstone because she was never fond of them. I can remember doing genealogy work with my dad, and times that mom would sit in the car and wait for us to find what we were looking for at some random cemetery. However, I want my kids to know that she is there to listen if they ever need anything. If that's the quiet place they need, I want them to feel comfortable there.


Mom, I love you all the way around the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment