Sunday, July 25, 2010

Spring Break at the Farm

The kids and I had a busy Spring Break 2010. The Friday they got out of school, we packed up the car and headed to Vernon. Dad and Hanaba had a roofing project that could use a little help.

As soon as we got there, the kids climbed up the ladder to take a look at the project on hand. Not really, but they enjoyed going up there.

Vernon's dirt is more of a sand consistency than Abilene's ole hard dirt. The kids had a blast digging to China!

We had lots of picnics outside!

Here's proof we really did work! It took all three of us, Dad, Hanaba and myself, to even make a dent in the reroofing endeavor. We took all three layers of wooden shingles off on day one. Day two we rolled out the felt paper, and started laying the shingles. I'll speak for myself, but know the others felt the same, I was EXHAUSTED. I used muscles I hadn't used in months. It felt good, but was oh so hard to move! I can't imagine how I'll feel doing this in thirty years! My hats go off to Dad and Hanaba. They worked just as hard as I did, and didn't complain at all!

This is just a picture to show the tractor my dad and Hanaba bought. Cutter thinks it is his, but I'm sure they'll share. Dad was so proud sitting up high in the tractor.

No comments:

Post a Comment