Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Rylee's First Communion

May 8th was a very exciting day! I have to set the stage so that red puffy eyes will be understood. The afternoon of Thursday, May 6th, my best friend and sister-in-law, Brittney was admitted into the hospital. She was nine months pregnant, and I was the most excited aunt you'd ever seen. On Friday, we spent the day at the hospital morally supporting Chad and Brittney. We couldn't wait to meet Payton, and I couldn't wait to watch Chad and Brittney fall in love with their little miracle. Friday came and went, and still no Payton.

Saturday morning was the only time that I would not be able to be at the hospital. After all, my seven year old had spent every Sunday for the last year preparing for her First Communion. I'm getting ready for Rylee's very important Saturday morning church event when Brittney calls. Dr. Tadvick wants to schedule C-Section...in thirty minutes! I was devastated! I had been at the hospital waiting for two days, and the one time I was not able to be there, they'd get to meet their son. I wouldn't get to be there to check on Brittney, and to tell her it would be okay. So after crying off and on for the next thirty minutes, I dry up and take Rylee to the church. Yes, my eyes are puffy in the pictures, but please forgive me.





Nanny and Rylee

Rylee and PaPa


Karsen, Rylee and Tyler


Usually, Justin's entire family goes to church. However as today's unexpected events unfolded, they had to divide and conquer! I am very proud of you Rylee for the decision you have chosen to make. The Lord your God will watch over and protect you for all the days of your life! One day, we'll get to go to Heaven and play with Oma and Big PaPa! I love you baby girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment